Worth special mention are the following PEPG highlights:
• PEPG has established a new, multimillion-dollar fellowship program in education entrepreneurship.
• Education Next (EdNext) released a special issue commemorating the 50th anniversary of the "Equality of Educational Opportunity" study mandated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, also known as the "Coleman Report" Essays explore factors that have precluded a significant closing of the racial achievement gap.
• EdNext identified changes in public opinion over the past decade on key education policies as part of its 10th annual survey of nationally representative samples of teachers and other Americans.
• EdNext is enjoying a seamless transition, as Martin R. West becomes the Editor-in-Chief.
I will become the Senior Editor.
• PEPG hosts a conference in December on the pioneering legal thought of Justice Antonin Scalia.
—Paul E. Peterson